WELCOME TO MY BLOG!


Thursday, February 11, 2010


Top 3:
I'm going to discuss with you my top 3 favorite songs of 2009. In 2009, there was the top 100 charts on Itunes which shows you the powerful tunes which half the world enjoyed, and danced there hearts out to. Artists from the lower end to the highest top charts strut there stuff and let you head bang to there music. From 2009, I'm judging my 3 favorite songs based on lyrics, the artist, and the ratings viewers give them. The ratings could range from Twitter all the way to Much Music Head Quarters. My top 3 include...Young Forever -Jay Z, Russian Roulette-Rihanna, and Set the fire to the third bar- Snow Patrol.

Young Forever was a very powerful song in the 2009-2010 music hit list, why? because Jay Z took Bob Dylan's original content and turned it into a rap version. Jay Z featured Hudson to sing to the top of the charts with him, and also winning Grammy awards for his very song. Young Forever traveled all over the world, allowing everyone to listen to his tune, and that's what made his song hit the top of the charts. Personally it is one of my favorite songs. I listen to the lyrics and Jay Z is describing the life he lives, and how he doesn't want to grow old. This song got a whopping 4.5 stars. This song reminds me of being a little girl, playing dress up, and telling my parents I'm never going to grow old, realistically we do and we just have to live with it. We as "adults" joke about being a different age, and this song makes me jumble of jokes about being young forever.
Russian Roulette was another one of my favorite songs of the 2009-10 music charts. When Rihanna produced this song off of her new CD Hard, It went sky high around the world. The radio's were playing it every second they could get, Itunes produced it in the top 10 songs of the week. This song was rated a whole 4 stars. Rihanna was back in business when her new hot single came out. This is one of my favorite songs to listen to when your driving around town just cruising. Finally, Set the fire to the third bar by Snow Patrol, was kind of hidden in the music background. Snow Patrol is a lower end band but still people have found to listen to there great music. They were noticed 10x more when the producer of " Dear John" put them in the soundtrack as an opener song for there movie. From having this song as an opener for Dear John it brought the artist and there song up to a whole 3.5 star on the rating charts. This song has jumped out at me because of the soothing, yet powerful lyrics the band has included. The lyrics are about love and finding the right person.

Therefore, my top 3 of music choices of 2009 consist of Jay Z, Young forever, Rihanna with Russian Roulette, and Set the fire to the third bar by Snow Patrol. They have impacted my experience for living in the '09's.


No comments:

Post a Comment